Minutes for Olde Oak Ridge Homeowners Association
Board of Directors Monthly Meeting
Date/Time: 11 November 2005, 8:10 PM
Location: Conference Room, Pohick Regional Library, Sydenstricker Rd.
Attendees: Board: Jim Jones, Marceil Taschler, Neal Neumann, Al Sciarretta, Joe O’Kane, JC&A Representative: Kelly Ault
The Board of Directors meeting was called to order by Joe O’Kane, President.
Minutes from the last meeting were not approved. Al Sciarretta will send final version for web posting.
Kelly Ault discussed the Treasurer’s Report. Joe O’Kane had passed on the last year’s budget. Kelly Ault asked for copies of all contracts. Jim Jones stated he would provide copies of what was needed.
Joe O’Kane stated we needed to determine how the OOR HOA will budget the last phase of the parking space plan. There is also funding needed for the HOA Management Company. Discussion then focused on where the community would find funding (including special assessments) for these efforts. The Board to address these at the annual meeting – to be held no earlier than March 5.
Kelly Ault discussed soliciting bids for community efforts. Recommendation that when spots are painted that home numbers not be painted – for security reasons. Board needs to come up with a number scheme. All proposals will be sent to Joe O’Kane for the Board to review.
Board resolved to raise dues 5%. Dues invoices must be sent out by November 30 to ensure everyone is aware of the 5% raise.
Marceil Taschler asked if homeowners will be notified of delinquent dues. Past dues accounts total almost $10,000. Jim Jones stated that a letter (certified, return receipt) will go out by November 15 requiring payment within 30 days or a lien will be placed against the property.
Joe O’Kane stated he did not get a chance to hand out Board letters and updated architectural standards. Asked if Board can pass them out.
Plowing contract is still valid for this winter season. Current performer is doing a good job. But need to look at renewal of the contract.
Neal Neumann and Marceil Taschler brought up problems with the tot lot. Topics included foul language, trespassing, need for signs, involvement of police, etc. Need to have signs put up about trespassing and foul language.
Al Sciarretta discussed improvements to the Tot Lot.
At 8:58 PM Marceil Taschler moved to adjourn the meeting. Motion was seconded by Jim Jones. The Board unanimously voted to adjourn until the next scheduled OORHOA Board meeting – 19 December 2005, Pohick Regional Library.